**DANCE IS TONIGHT GET YOUR TICKETS**
Location: Jamaican Canadian Association - 995 Arrow Rd. Toronto
Time: 9PM till 2AM
Music by: SOUL POWER - DJ Donovan and Mikey G
Dance the night away while enjoying great food and drinks at the annual fundraising dance. Food and drink is on sale. There will also be a raffle.
More info: Call 416-254-4742 OR 416-418-3675
**Thank you for your pledges. Update coming soon**
MEMBERS In the GTA - Help raise additional funds for Lluidas Vale Rehabilitation and Development Foundation!
FORTIS 5K WALK. RUN. PLEDGE
September 14 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm at 9050 Bramalea Rd, Brampton, ON L6S 6G7
80% of Monies raised from this walk goes to LVRDF. They give tax receipts for $25 and over. If you are signing up for the walk you MUST put LLUIDAS VALE as the Association so we get credited. Come work on your fitness while raising money for our village.
* *Olympian BEN JOHNSON will also be making an appearance at this event**
They have added a "fun run" component to this year's walk with Olympian Ben Johnson leading the run.
More details at the site including pledge forms:
This is to congratulate everyone who participated in our annual Lluidas Vale family day Picnic.
Again, this year was a success; we could not ask for a more beautiful day.
A huge thank you to all the members who donated their time resources, gifts, foods and those who volunteered in any capacity to make it a enjoyable and fun day.
From all reports there was enough food, comradeship, re-acquaintance with long time friends and long lost relatives; at the same time raising some much needed funds to continue with our charity work of helping our beloved Village.
Thanks again and much blessings,
Thank you again to Dr. Jordie Isen who in his generosity has been able to donate 100 pairs of sandals to LVRDF. Shipping will take place as soon as it’s possible. We are so grateful for Dr. Isen and his contributions.
Congrats to Ravi Gray who has graduated this year and is heading to Kellits High School next year. The LVRDF decided to help young Ravi with his graduation ceremony expenses, so he was able to participate in the celebrations. The ceremony took place on Wednesday, 3rd, of July.
We have completed another successful year in our organization. Again, our two major fundraising events were successful, our annual summer Picnic and our annual fall Dance. Both were well attended and supported by members their families and friends.
Some of our accomplishments for 2018
Again, thanks to our hardworking committee members and the support from the many donors, members and friends. The commitment and dedication to giving back to our community has not gone unnoticed.
Our organization will continue to support the Village its schools, community events and most importantly the people who are in need.
As President, It’s a privilege to serve our organization year after year. I remain passionate about our community of Lluidas Vale; it’s a pleasure to work with our dedicated committee members and the general members here in Toronto. It’s obvious to me, that our team is committed in giving back to our community, and through our organization we are doing our part.
The Lluidas Vale Rehabilitation & Development Foundation is a non-profit, non-denominational Organization developed by members of the Lluidas Vale Past Student Association to provide community assistance where needed.
Membership is open to all past residents of Lluidas Vale who subscribe to the objectives of the Foundation.
The Foundation is operated without the purpose of gain for its members and any profits or donations to the Foundation shall be used in promoting its objectives.
Your membership fees go right back to the Lluidas Vale community who may consist of your family, friends, and schoolmates.
Membership fees are $25 per year.
• Food for the Poor, assist with shipping of school furniture for the village $700.00
• FFP fundraising ticket donation$100.00
• Village student assistance to attend Charlie mount High School $210.00
• Herbie assistance fund$210.00
• Donation to the AJAA graduate student award dinner$50.00
• Mount Dennis Baptist Church donation$50.00
• Materials purchased to pack furnitures for shipment to Lluidas Vale$220.65
• Mountain industry Assoc. fundraising dance tickets$120.00• Annual Christmas treat for elderly and shut-ins in the Village$1000.00
• Kitchen appliances for the Baptist Basic School ( fire fund)$1225.00
• Bereavement donation and flowers $475.00
• Website hosting$690.00
• Appreciation plaque$122.90
Total $5173.55 jamaica charitable organization
1. Herbie Fund $218.00
2. AJAA Membership & Insurance $500.00
3. Food For The Poor $ $100.0
4. Promotional T-Shirts $830.00
5. City Permit $173.00
6. Custom Fees $410.00
7. Website Hosting Fees $346.00
8. Mount Industry Support $200.00
9. MDB Church Donation $50.00
10. Shut-In Christmas Treat $1000.00
Total = $3827
1. Christmas Treat $1,000.00
2. Bereavement Gifts $200.00
3. Food For the poor/Mdb Church $250.00
4. AJAA Membership & Insurance $480.00
5 Shipping & Custom charges $700.00
6. Herbie Fund $218.00
7. All Age School Luncheon Sponsorship (Rides) $145.00
Total = $2993 fundraising jamaica
1. Christmas Treat $1,030.00
2. Donation Food For the poor $350.00
3. Shipping & Custom charges $173.60
4. AJAA Membership & Insurance $720.00
5. Bereavement Gifts $200.00
6. Donation Herbie/ Molly $378.50
7. Donation Mt. Industry Association/ Mdb Church $210.00
Total = $3062
1. Christmas Treat $1,030.00
2. Baptist Basic School (Perimeter Fence) $430.15
3. Herby/Miss Imo $210.50
4. Shipping & Custom charges $305.00
5. Bereavement Gifts $300.00
Total = $2275.65
Archive Financial Summaries (Summary of Projects)